Click the post title to listen to the episode.
* Writers are constantly learning
* Aggregate content into files, images, sentences, phrases
* Paying attention is so important. We are oblivious to the world around us.
* We’ve become increasingly oblivious to life around us.
* A good writer has to be in touch with everything around them all the time.
* You must read
* What is the kiss of death for a writer?
* Opening your computer is the kiss of death for a writer.
* The Writing Life – Annie Dillard
* Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott
* Read classics
* Ian scolds Andy for using the wrong word
* Content vs. Art
* Voice vs. Brand
* Platform vs. Audience
* Is it a burden? Yeah. It’s work.
* Did you always think you were going to be a writer?
* When did you become a writer? “It didn’t happen until I started writing.”
* “Has anyone ever told you that you were a writer”
* Do you ever doubt yourself?
* How do you defeat the voices? Don’t argue with them. I turn to them and welcome them back. I’m going to keep writing. Maybe I’ll take some advice but I’ll keep writing.
* Does Ian ever go back and look at his art differently?
* How do you decide on what you write about? – “It’s when I get a lump in my throat.” Beuchner
We’d love your thoughts and questions – (615) 669-4330